Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My final Family assignment image


This is my final family assignment image, i finally came to the decision to choose this image as my overall image because i thought it best captured the essence of what i was trying to convey in these family images. My initial idea was to photograph "Saturdays" in my family, at the start of the assignment i thought that i had to photograph people in my family, but after realizing that i could take photos of family possessions and things that are in my grandmas house etc. I then decided to go with this idea, i decided to photograph some other photographs at my grandmas house and some things that are on the tabletops in her house. I am pleased with this image as my final, i chose it because it captures the spirit of my grans house without her even being in the shot herself. However, she is in one of the photographs on the side. 
I did have this photograph in black and white, but i made a decision to leave it in colour as i thought more details were added with it being kept in colour, for example.. the colour's in the lamp and the wallpaper and collective dolls etc. 
Overall this image looks fairly plain but when you look closely there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment